- Working as a driver of planning capability for the agency, to develop and present strategic marketing recommendations for a range of clients.
- Playing the role of the foundation of any creative project, providing the team with information gleaned from studying markets for relevant data. The ability to think beyond a project is also important, as strategist planners must establish where any plan will take a client.
- Reporting to a senior strategist, and multi-tasking over a number of projects, with zero tolerance to quality.
- Holding an almost obsessive desire to ensure the research generates accurate and effective results. Often working closely with clients, it is important to give them confidence in your capabilities and campaign plans.
- Every agency requires a slightly different skillset, so a senior strategist planner needs a wide range of abilities. These include:
- – A proven track record in developing strategic plans that benefit the client
- – Good knowledge of the media and how strategic planning influences it
- – Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- – The ability to make complex subjects understandable
- – The drive to be successful and perform well in all aspects of your strategic work
- – The flexibility to work over a number of projects and balance your workload
- Some working outside the traditional nine-to-five may be necessary occasionally.
- Closely following a brief, demonstrating knowledge on both the client and the target market, inside out.
- Once a strategist planner has established themselves as a reliable and integral team member, they will start to create their own clear briefs, combining creativity with insightful overviews.
- Researching and gathering data to develop well-informed strategic plans for clients
- Examining clients’ businesses to get to know their brands and understand their objectives
- – Producing cohesive and intelligent plans to bring success to campaigns
- – Generating original ideas with other members of the team
- – Presenting findings to senior staff members and clients
- – Identifying potential problems and devising ways to rectify them
- – Liaising with senior members of staff to receive feedback and create improvements to strategies
Client Relationship Development
- Seek opportunities to develop more business with your client accounts, selling additional services whenever possible
- Continuously plan ahead, seeking new ways to improve the client business requirements that gain confidence from the client and gain more business for the agency.
- Routinely review clients with the management team to access the business potentiality and profitability of each account.
- Work in partnership with the Business Development team and other business unit teams to provide excellent target marketing solutions for your client’s needs at all times.
- Continuously provide input into the strategic direction of each client account and ensure communication of any directional changes to your team and to other related teams.
- Manage the assigned account team by coaching, training, career development, and project oversight.
- Help to create standards (documentation/strategies/processes) that become the agency’s best practices.
- Maintain the income for all client accounts maximizing profit at all times.
- Ensure invoicing and financial administration are of a high standard to keep income coming into FocusAsia.
- Provide monthly forecasts and income reports to your team and associates.
- Drive the ethos of cost control and income growth all the way through your teams.
- Explore and recommend new cost-effective/innovative methods to deliver campaigns.
If you are interested in this position, don't hesitate to send us your Cv to email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.